This dashboard shows total reported doses of the updated COVID-19 vaccine, approved for use by the CDC as of September 12, 2023. The New York State Department of Health continues to urge eligible New Yorkers – especially older adults at increased risk of severe illness – to get their updated COVID vaccination as soon as possible for the best protection. Find a vaccine appointment here.
- As of June 24, 2022, this dashboard is updated weekly on Fridays to align with CDC’s data refresh schedule
- These data represent a lower-bound estimate on COVID-19 vaccination totals:
- Vaccination data is based on data reported in the New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS). This includes limited data on vaccines administered through Federal entities (Veterans Health Administration) or performed outside of New York State to New York residents, and will not be reflective of every dose administered to New York State residents in those settings.
- With the end of the COVID-19 public health emergency, COVID-19 vaccination records are no longer required to be submitted to NYSIIS for adults 19+. Reporting remains mandatory for children 18 and under.
- New York City residents are not included in NYSDOH vaccination reporting.
- This dashboard shows all vaccinated individuals according to their county of residence. Residency is self-reported by the individual being vaccinated.
- The CDC website includes doses administered through federal entities – including Department of Defense, Veterans Health Administration, and Bureau of Prisons – and doses administered to New York State residents by out of state providers who do not report to the New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS).
- On 11/10/23 vaccination progress tracking was updated to reflect the most current ACIP recommendations (CDC At-A-Glance COVID-19 Vaccination Schedules). An archived version of the prior bivalent booster data reporting is available here, and archived reporting for the original vaccine formulation is available here. Open Data for the initial primary vaccination series is available here.