Note: This page was archived on 5/17/2023 with the end of the Public Health Emergency.
This dashboard reports the number of people vaccinated by New York providers who have completed their COVID-19 primary vaccination series, and the number who are up to date with their vaccination series, including boosters, as appropriate per age and clinical recommendations. New York providers include hospitals, mass vaccination sites operated by the State or local governments, pharmacies, and other providers registered with the state to serve as points of distribution.
People with primary series represents the total number of individuals who have completed the recommended series of a given COVID-19 vaccine product (e.g., 2 doses of the 2-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine; 1 dose of the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine)
People up to date represents the total number of individuals who have completed all COVID-19 vaccinations, including the bivalent booster, as appropriate per age and clinical recommendations (CDC At-A-Glance COVID-19 Vaccination Schedules)
The eligible population represents the percent of all New Yorkers who have completed their primary series of a given COVID vaccine, and for whom enough time has passed that they are now eligible to receive a bivalent booster.
- As of June 24, 2022, this dashboard will be updated weekly on Fridays to align with CDC’s data refresh schedule
- Vaccination data is based on data reported in the New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS) and the New York City Citywide Immunization Registry (NYC CIR). This includes limited data on vaccines administered through Federal entities (Veterans Health Administration) or performed outside of New York State to New York residents, and will not be reflective of every dose administered to New York State residents in those settings.
- The CDC website includes doses administered through federal entities – including Department of Defense, Veterans Health Administration, and Bureau of Prisons – and doses administered to New York State residents by out of state providers who do not report to the New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS) or the New York City Citywide Immunization Registry (NYC CIR).
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker: Vaccination Progress to Date dashboard shows all vaccinated individuals according to their county of residence. Residency is self-reported by the individual being vaccinated. The Regional Vaccination Progress by New York Providers dashboard reflects all people vaccinated by New York providers. While most individuals get vaccinated through providers located in their region of residence, there may be cases where individuals get vaccinated through a provider located outside their region of residence. This may result in slight variations in the number of doses administered and individuals vaccinated from region to region.
- As people receive their booster dose months after the primary series, if an individual moves or crosses to a different jurisdiction for an immunization, that dose may be incorrectly counted as a first dose, resulting in an under-estimating of persons who are up to date.
- Vaccination progress tracking was updated to reflect the most current ACIP recommendations (CDC At-A-Glance COVID-19 Vaccination Schedules).