Oral antiviral treatment works by targeting specific proteins on the SARS-CoV-2 virus to prevent efficient virus replication within the host cell.
Paxlovid and molnupiravir reduce the risk of hospitalization and death by 88% and 30% respectively, in patients at high-risk for severe COVID-19 when started early after symptom onset.
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 and have had symptoms for 5 days or less.
- Are at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19, including hospitalization or death.
- Meet certain criteria depending on the antiviral.
The FDA also expanded approval of Veklury (remdesivir) to include pediatric patients 28 days of age and older weighing at least 3 kilograms (about 7 pounds) with positive results of direct SARS-CoV-2 viral testing who are:
- Hospitalized, or
- Not hospitalized and have mild-to-moderate COVID-19 and are at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19, including hospitalization or death.
Health care providers should discuss the risks and benefits of treatment with their patients.
Patients will require a prescription for Paxlovid and molnupiravir.
- HHS has created two resources to assist providers:
- Within New York City, please refer to: COVID-19: Outpatient Therapeutic Information for Providers - NYC Health
Requesting Oral Antivirals
Requests for oral antiviral product should be submitted through the HHS Health Partner Order Portal (HPOP) as per the following directions:
- Sign in to HPOP.
- Click the green “Create Order” or “Create External Order” button on the Therapeutics Orders panel at the top left of the Provider screen.
- Enter the amount of Paxlovid, Renal Paxlovid, and/or Lagevrio (Molnupiravir) you are requesting for that week.
New Provider Enrollment
Step One – Complete the COVID-19 Therapeutics Provider Enrollment Form
Complete the form located within the Health Commerce System (HCS) here: https://mabrequest.health.ny.gov/nysmab/newprovider.
Step Two – Create HPOP Account
Once the Department has reviewed and approved your application, they will initiate the creation of an account on your behalf in the HHS Health Partner Order Portal (HPOP) system. You will receive a registration link via email from [email protected] with instructions to begin setting up your account. This link will expire within 72 hours, so it is important that registration is completed in a timely manner.
Step Three - Additional Information for HPOP Account
After registering, the following actions need to be taken in your HPOP account:
- Verify address. If your site is listed as a hub, please send your address, hours, and pharmacy contact (if different) to [email protected]. All hub addresses need to be verified by the state.
- There is a checkbox below this field for receiving address which must be selected.
- Verify business hours.
- There is a checkbox below this field for hours verified which must be selected
- Enter license number and expiration date (Ex. BoP, medical license, etc.).
- Select provider type and settings(s) where your facility will administer products
- Select the Therapeutics Category ‘Antiviral’ in your account
Step Four – Request Oral Antivirals
Once you’re HPOP account is active, you should follow the process outlined in the “Request Oral Antivirals” section to place orders.