Beginning in September 2021, the New York State Department of Health (Department) began managing the distribution process for monoclonal antibody (mAb) therapeutics within the State. Each month, New York State will be assigned a monthly allotment of product by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS). The amount will be based on COVID-19 case burden and utilization. There is no product currently available.
There are some products that were previously distributed, but are not currently authorized for use in New York. These products are:
- Bamlanivimab/etesevimab (Lilly)
- Etesevimab (Lilly – to pair with bamlanivimab already on hand)
- Casirivimab/imdevimab, i.e., REGEN-COV (Regeneron)
- Sotrovimab (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Bebtelovimab (Lilly)
The Department is intaking requests for mAb therapeutics from NYS providers following the process outlined below. The distribution of these therapeutics will remain with AmerisourceBergen. As the State will be allotted a finite amount of mAb product each month, providers may not receive the total amount of product they requested. The Department will determine how much product each provider receives based on the supply allotted to the State from HHS.
- To see the total amount of mAb distributed per week and a breakdown by territory/state, visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website.
- To find locations with therapeutics available, visit the HHS COVID-19 Therapeutics Locator
- For information on Paxlovid and other oral antivirals, visit the Department’s Oral Antivirals website.
Guidance on How to Request a Supply of COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody (mAb) and Oral Antiviral Therapeutics
Updated August 19, 2022 - This document supersedes the May 6, 2022 “Guidance on How to Request a Supply of COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody (mAb) and Oral Antiviral Therapeutics.”
Temporary Alternative Packaging of Casirivimab and Imdevimab Authorized to Meet Ongoing COVID-19 Public Health Demands
October 18, 2021 - The purpose of this notice is to make healthcare providers aware of a new temporary alternative packaging for casirivimab and imdevimab (also known as REGEN-COVTM).
In order to receive mAb product, providers must continue to comply with Federal reporting requirements for utilization. Courses utilized and courses available for all COVID-19 therapeutics must be reported every Monday and Thursday by 11:59 pm in the Health Partner Order Portal (HPOP) on days that you are open for business.
Follow the steps below to register to begin requesting mAb therapeutics.
Step One – Complete the COVID-19 Therapeutics Provider Enrollment Form
Complete the form located within the Health Commerce System (HCS) here: https://mabrequest.health.ny.gov/nysmab/newprovider. Fill out all applicable fields and upload a copy of (1) your valid NYS license and (2) an AmerisourceBergen Letter of Affiliation (LOA) if you are a physician and the address on your physician’s license does not match the shipping address provided on the enrollment form. A link to the LOA can be found in the enrollment form.
- If you do not have a HCS account, please visit the Health Commerce System website, and click on “Don’t have an Account? Sign Up Here” to register for an account.
Step Two – NYS Review
The mAb therapeutics team at the Department will review your enrollment form to make sure the necessary documentation has been submitted and that you are licensed and in current good standing in NYS. If your submission is rejected, you will receive an email from the Department via [email protected] with an explanation and any next steps (if needed). If your submission is accepted, the Department will move to Step Three.
Step Three – Create HPOP Account
To receive mAb product, you must register in the HHS Health Partner Order Portal (HPOP). The Department will request an account for you, and you will receive a registration link via email from [email protected] with instructions to begin setting up your account. This link will expire within 72 hours, so it is important that registration is completed in a timely manner.
Step Four- Additional Information for HPOP Account
After registering, the following actions need to be taken in your HPOP account:
- Verify address. If your site is listed as a hub, please send your address, hours, and pharmacy contact (if different) to [email protected]. All hub addresses need to be verified by the state.
- There is a checkbox below this field for receiving address which must be selected
- Verify business hours.
- There is a checkbox below this field for hours verified which must be selected
- Enter license number and expiration date (Ex. BoP, medical license, etc.).
- Select provider type and settings(s) where your facility will administer products.
- Select the Therapeutics Category ‘Monoclonal Antibody’ and/or ‘Monoclonal Antibody Special’ in your account. ‘Monoclonal Antibody Special’ should be selected if you wish to request Evusheld.
Step Five – Request Therapeutics
Once you have submitted a complete list of all your site(s), the Department will notify you via email that you can request mAb product for your site. Follow the process outlined in the “Request COVID-19 Therapeutics” section to submit requests to receive mAb product.
Important updates and reminders are sent to subscribers through the COVID-19 Therapeutics listserv. If you are not already a member of this listserv, follow the steps below to subscribe.
- Send a message to [email protected]
- In the body of email enter: subscribe <C19Therapeutics-l> <Firstname> <Lastname>
- Remove any signatures in your email
- Click Send
- You should receive an automated reply confirming your subscription to the listserv and you will receive all messages going forward.