Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last Updated: September 21, 2021 at 2:22 PM
What You Need to Know
- Governor Hochul announced a series of universal mask requirements designed to protect New Yorkers against the highly contagious Delta variant and the recent surge in COVID-19 infections statewide.
- Governor Hochul announced a #VaxtoSchool campaign to drive COVID-19 vaccination rates among school-aged New Yorkers
- All teachers, administrators, and other school employees must submit to weekly COVID-19 testing unless they show proof of vaccination.
- The Department of Health has released official guidance for classroom instruction for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Governor Hochul signed into law a new moratorium on COVID-related residential and commercial evictions, which is in effect until January 15, 2022.
- $65 million will be available to local health departments across the state to support the distribution of booster shots.
- The Open Enrollment Period for uninsured New Yorkers has been extended through December 31, 2021. New Yorkers can apply for coverage through NY State of Health or directly through insurers.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services.
- Any New Yorker can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
Get the facts on the vaccination process in New York State and make an appointment today.