Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last Updated: September 18, 2021 at 2:11 PM
What You Need to Know
- Governor Hochul announced a series of universal mask requirements designed to protect New Yorkers against the highly contagious Delta variant and the recent surge in COVID-19 infections statewide.
- Governor Hochul announced a #VaxtoSchool campaign to drive COVID-19 vaccination rates among school-aged New Yorkers
- All teachers, administrators, and other school employees must submit to weekly COVID-19 testing unless they show proof of vaccination.
- The Department of Health has released official guidance for classroom instruction for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Governor Kathy Hochul signed into law a new moratorium on COVID-related residential and commercial evictions, which is in effect until January 15, 2022.
- $65 million will be available to local health departments across the state to support the distribution of booster shots.
- The Open Enrollment Period for uninsured New Yorkers has been extended through December 31, 2021. New Yorkers can apply for coverage through NY State of Health or directly through insurers.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services.
- Any New Yorker can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
NYS Adopts new CDC Guidance for the fully vaccinated
Effective May 19, New York State has adopted the CDC’s "Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People” for most businesses and public settings.
Get the facts on the vaccination process in New York State and make an appointment today.