Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last Updated: December 3, 2021 at 2:56 PM
What You Need to Know
- The state-operated Queensbury Test Site is now accepting appointments on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays from 8:00 am to 5:50 pm. Walk-ins are also available. Schedule a free test today.
- On November 26, Governor Hochul signed an Executive Order allowing the Department of Health to limit non-essential, non-urgent procedures for in-hospitals or systems with limited capacity to protect access to critical health care services.
- CDC and NYSDOH encourage all eligible New Yorkers to get their booster dose, especially those over the age of 50 and others with underlying conditions.
- Governor Hochul signed into law a new moratorium on COVID-related residential and commercial evictions, which is in effect until January 15, 2022.
- The Open Enrollment Period for uninsured New Yorkers has been extended through December 31, 2021. New Yorkers can apply for coverage through NY State of Health or directly through insurers.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services.
- Any New Yorker can call the NY Project Hope COVID-19 Emotional Support Helpline at 1-844-863-9314 for free, confidential emotional support and resource linkages.
Get Tested for COVID-19
COVID-19 testing is available to all New Yorkers statewide. Find a test site near you and learn what to do if you test positive.
Booster doses of the COVID-19 vaccine are free and widely available statewide.
protecting the public health of all New Yorkers
COVID-19 Data in New York
Find COVID-19 data sources related to testing, hospitalization, fatalities, vaccination, and a variety of other topics.