COVID-19 Fatalities Tracker
- These data come from the Health Electronic Response Data System (HERDS). Hospitals are required to complete this survey Monday through Friday and data reflects information reported by hospitals through the survey each day.
- Fatality location represents the location of the facility reporting the fatality.
- State fatality data may deviate slightly from NYC fatality data. NYS fatality data are reported by hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care facilities to the NYSDOH. NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) relies on different data systems.
- All data reported are preliminary and subject to change as COVID-19 fatalities continue to be investigated. These data include NYS resident and non-NYS resident fatalities treated at NYS hospitals and nursing homes.
- On 10/13/23, previous NYS COVID-19 fatalities dashboards were retired due to changes in HERDs reporting requirements. Those dashboards are available here.