Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last Updated: July 23, 2021 at 12:50 PM
What You Need to Know
- On June 24, New York State ended the state disaster emergency declared on March 7, 2020 to fight COVID-19.
- COVID-19 restrictions are now lifted, as 70% of adults have received their first dose of the vaccine. New York State’s health guidance and industry specific guidelines are now optional across commercial and social settings.
- The Open Enrollment Period for uninsured New Yorkers has been extended through December 31, 2021. New Yorkers can apply for coverage through NY State of Health or directly through insurers.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services.
- Any New Yorker can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
NYS Adopts new CDC Guidance for the fully vaccinated
Effective May 19, New York State has adopted the CDC’s "Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People” for most businesses and public settings.